What can you do with all that leftover turkey? How about making some Turkey Corn Chowder in your slow cooker? I just LOVE slow cooker recipes! They are easy, yummy, and quick. Plus, you can get out the kitchen for a little bit and relax after a long day.
I just love slow cooker recipes! They are so easy and take the stress out of cooking for your family. This recipe is also a great way to use up all that leftover turkey, and you can switch out the turkey for chicken and use this all year long.
I also have four great smoothie recipes if you are needing a turkey detox LOL!
How to Make the Best Turkey Corn Chowder – Easy Slow Cooker Recipe
Are you ready to make some delicious Turkey Corn Chowder? First up is my step by step directions, and at the bottom, you’ll find a printable version.
Affiliate links are sometimes used on Haley’s Vintage which means that I make a small commission when you make a purchase, at no cost to you.
Below you will find the full Turkey Corn Chowder recipe. I love how easy it is to print your recipe to add it to your recipe binder. Or go ahead and pin to your favorite slow cooker board!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced or chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups turkey, chopped or shredded
- 2 15-ounce cans corn (fresh or cream-style)
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- Place oil, bacon, onion and garlic in a large slow cooker.
- Cover and heat on high for approximately 10 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add the corn, potatoes, turkey and broth.
- Stir and cover to cook on high about 45 minutes to an hour (on low 2-3 hours).
- Add the cream cheese and allow to melt into the broth, approximately 15 minutes.
- Season to taste, and then stir in the heavy cream right before serving.