So let’s be honest here. Closets can get a little out-of-hand sometimes. Over time they can get disorganized and hard to navigate, which can cost you time (“Where did I put that sweater???“) and money (“Oh, I already had a sweater like this one?“).
I have learned a few tricks to help keep my closet organized, and I am pleased to share them with you today!
Pin this to help others organize their closet.
Affiliate links are sometimes used on Haley’s Vintage which means that I make a small commission when you make a purchase, at no cost to you.
Hence, 10 Tried and True Tips For Organizing Your Closet! Enjoy!
- Divide your clothes by category. (For example, keep pants here, skirts here, long-sleeve shirts here, short-sleeve shirts here, jackets here, etc.)
- Put accessories in labeled bins or baskets like these. Hang things like belts and scarves on racks or hangers.
- Store the items you use most often in the easiest-to-get-to places, at eye level, and the items you use least often in the hardest-to-get-to locations.
- Sort your clothes by how often you wear them. You can do this over time as you actually wear the items by every time you put something in the closet, putting it all the way to the right in its category. Then the pieces you wear most often will be to the right, while the pieces you never, or hardly ever, wear will be to the left.
- Get rid of the clothes you never, or hardly ever, wear. Have a yard sale, donate them, or sell them on eBay. They’re taking up valuable closet real estate!
- Purchase or install some extra shelving (like one of these) for folded clothing and accessories
- Use cubbies (like these beauties) for shoes, boots, or accessories.
- Hooks (take a look at this set) work ideal for jackets, robes or hats. Especially the ones you wear often and want easy access to!
- Store things you don’t often use on the top shelf or in an under-bed bin.
- Use hanging or over-door organizers for extra storage.
These 10 Tips are tricks that I regularly use in my closet, and that have worked well for me. I wish you the best in organizing your closet!