Bath time is always interesting in our house. With three kids 7 and under, baths can literally become an olympic sport!
Did I mention my kids manage to have superpower hearing for the word bath? If we even whisper “bath” all three of them manage to get crazy excited, and there is no way anyone is going to bed without their bath. We used to spell out b…a…t…h… ever so quietly, but our seven-year old now likes to blurt out whatever we spell (like it is his personal mission). I so miss being able to do that 🙁 .
Between mopping up water, trying to keep them from splashing too much, or washing their hair I am always completely exhausted once we have everyone dried off, and finally in bed. So after all these years, here is a few of my favorite tips to keep bath time a little more sane.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning I will make a small commission from anything you buy. This will not affect your price or cost. Full Affiliate Disclosure here.
[bctt tweet=”#Bath time fun or chaos? Learn my #favorite #tips and #toys. “]
- Always get all your bath supplies before running water. Once that water starts you never want to leave the tub unattended. It only takes a few seconds for them to drown.
- Get extra towels… You will need them! A couple microfiber towels work great to mop up water spills.
- Rotate toys to keep them interesting. Rubber ducks, squirt toys, cups, boats, waterproof books, foam letters, or other plastic toys work great.
- Always empty squirt toys to keep mold from growing. Also consider frequently replacing them.
- You can wash most bath toys in the dishwasher to help keep them clean.
- I love to use a few drops lavender essential oil mixed with sea salt. It seems to make the transition to bed a lot easier.
Here is a few of our favorite bath products!
I love that bath time can also be educational!
It’s fun colors and shapes help stimulate the senses.
Plus it’s BPA free!
Munchkin Bath Letters and Numbers will help your child learn the alphabet and numbers faster. These will stick to the tub wall when wet, and the foam is soft, durable and non toxic.
Nuby foam sea animals will also stick when wet! These can help with color recognition, and to learn about sea animals.
What is your favorite bath time tips or toys? Just leave a comment below with any advice you might have or just say “Hello”.
I guess it’s time for hopefully another sane bath time!
Lots of Laughs,