Are you looking for an easy roasted butternut squash soup recipe? Well, look no further than my delicious butternut squash soup that will please even the most discerning taste buds!
Let me start by saying that I love Panera’s Autumn Squash Soup, but I hate that it is only on the menu for a short period of time! Plus, as a family of five, it kinda breaks the budget to get it for everyone. So I decided to tinker around and come up an easy but delicious butternut squash soup recipe!
Affiliate links are sometimes used on Haley’s Vintage which means that I make a small commission when you make a purchase, at no cost to you.
Keep in mind that this is a very simple recipe that could easily be doubled or tripled for a large family or crowd.
If you like to print off recipes, just use the button below for a simple one-page copy. It will automatically remove the pictures for you. 😉Don't forget to share this yummy soup recipe!Click To Tweet
Yummy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
A simple and delicious butternut squash soup will please even the most discerning taste buds!
- 4 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1/2 butternut squash approximately 1lb
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups chicken broth or water.
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic optional
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Slice the butternut squash and scoop out the seeds.
- Brush with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil or butter.
- Roast the butternut squash for 30 minutes, and then start prepping the soup as it cools to a temperature that you can handle scooping it.
- Place the remaining oil in a stockpot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and optional garlic and sauté until the onion is transparent.
- Scoop the butternut squash flesh and add to the stockpot, along with the brown sugar and seasoning.
- Give it all a good stir and allow to cook for two minutes before adding the chicken stock or water.
- Cover and reduce heat for 10 minutes, then use an immersion blender or transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning before adding the heavy cream.