Healthy kids are one who exercises! With these top 10 of the Easiest At-Home Exercises You Can Do with Your Kids your children will love working out!
Today, we have a great guest post from Annie of BoostBodyfit. She sharing some of easiest exercises you can do with your kids.
10 of the Easiest At-Home Exercises You Can Do with Your Kids
Good things come to those who sweat! Exercising with your kids can be loads of fun yet, very beneficial. When you exercise together as a family, each person gets to work out at his or her own pace no matter how big or small or how young or old they are. If you have not already started then now is the right time for you and your kids to have fun with exercise.10 of the Easiest At-Home Exercises You Can Do with Your KidsClick To Tweet
Below you will find a list of some of the easiest at-home exercises you can do with your kids. These are simple calisthenics workout routines that are designed for both adults and kids. The techniques are very simple. However, you will burst some sweat just like you would if you were doing more difficult exercise techniques. You will also reap a variety of benefits from these exercises. Check out these exercises you can do with your kids right now!
Push-up is a great exercise that targets the arm, chest, and core. Doing this exercise will help you to maintain tight abs and a straight back. When you are doing pushups, you can either do it with a straight or bent knee.
You can let your kids bend their knees when they are beginning this exercise because this is the easier way to do it, however, when they have mastered this technique you can get them to do it with a straight knee.
Here is how it is done:
- Firstly, lay facing the floor (keep your back straight).
- Secondly, raise your body by pressing down on your hands.
Repeat this motion until you have reached the set target. Don’t worry if you did not get it the first time, because “practice becomes perfect!”
Squatting is an exercise that targets your leg muscles, which includes your quadriceps, hamstrings, and calves. It also builds your upper body strength. It is a great exercise that your kids will love.
Here’s how it is done:
- Firstly, place your feet apart (shoulders’ width).
- Secondly, bend your knees (you can pretend as if you are sitting on an invisible chair), do not let your knees extend or pass over your toes.
- Thirdly, place your arms forward. You will then move your body up and down. Do not stand straight until you have completed all the required squats. Have fun!
The plank is a great exercise that targets the abs, back, and core, it also supports proper posture and improves balance. That is why it is an excellent exercise for you and the kids.
Here is how planking is done:
- Firstly, place your elbows on the ground.
- Secondly, raise your body with the tips of your toes. Ensure that your back is straight. Stay in that position for as long as you can.
Twenty-five seconds should be good enough for your kids. I hope that you try the plank today!
Lunges are simple and fun exercises that target the quadriceps.
This is how it is done:
- Firstly, use your arms to hold a ball above your head.
- Secondly, place one foot in front of the other.
- Thirdly, bring your back knee close to the floor. Now switch position and lead with the other foot.
Now, that you get the technique, it is time to lunge higher and faster! You can have a competition with your kids, see who can jump the highest. Have fun!
Crunches are core training exercises that help to improve balance and strengthen your abdominal muscles. People call them ‘sit-ups’ but when you are doing this exercise you do no sit all the way up.
Here is how this exercise is done:
- Firstly lay flat on your back (your knees should be bent, and your feet should be on the floor.)
- Then, put your hands behind your head. Now, curl your chest towards your knee.
Repeat this motion until you are ready to stop. Get crunching!
Don’t leave before checking out five more exercises you can do with your kids!
Hula Hoop exercises can help to build core strength. It is a fun exercise that is loved by the young and young at heart. It will never get old and will always be one of the greatest exercises of all times. Each person should have his or her own hoop, and these hoops should be the right size for each person.
You can add more fun to this exercise by playing some vibrant music while you are hopping away. So what are you waiting for? Get those hoops and have a ball!
The high knee is an exercise that targets the core, upper thighs, buttocks, and calves. It helps you to develop strength in your muscles. It is an excellent cardio exercise that gets your heart pumping. While doing this exercise, you will find that your heart beats faster and faster.
Here is how high knee is done:
- Firstly, stand straight with your feet apart (hip width), your arms should be by your side, and you should be looking ahead of you.
- Secondly, jump from one foot to the other, you should lift your knees as high as you can while you are jumping. Be sure to use the balls of your feet to touch the floor.
This is an excellent exercise that you should definitely give a try!Healthy kids get regular exercise!Click To Tweet
Butts Kicks have been around for a very long time, and it is not going anywhere! This exercise targets the glutes and the hamstrings. It strengthens your leg muscle, boosts your metabolism and improves your heart health.
Here are the steps that can be taken to perform Butt Kick:
- Firstly, stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Next, jump up and bring your heel to your glute, repeat the steps with accuracy and control. Do not arch your back.
Your kids are going to have fun with this one!
Wall Sitting Exercise
The wall sitting exercise is a simple workout technique that your kids will absolutely love. This exercise targets and strengthens the legs.
Here is how it is done:
- Place your back behind a wall.
- Bend your legs at a right angle by pretending that you are a chair.
See who can stay in this position for the longest time.
Jumping on the box
Jumping on the box is one of the simplest exercises of all time. All that you are required to do is to jump on a box. This exercise is an excellent way to strengthen your leg muscles, your thigh muscles, your calf, your lower abdomen and your bum. I can see your kids having an awesome time with this one. Try it today!
So there you have it! A list of ten (10) of the easiest at-home exercises that you can do with your kids. I hope that you will try all of them. And parents, if your kids do not get it at the initial stage of the exercise then, you have no worries because they will get it by doing it again and again. After all, you know what they say, “practice becomes perfect!” Have fun!
What are your favorite exercises you can do with your kids? How do keep an active family?
Annie Jones is the founder of BoostBodyfit. She is a huge fan of healthy eating and living! She creates the blog purely to share her experiences and expertise in health, nutrition, exercise and everything else between. Annie is also a mother of two where she balances between her passion and biggest joy in life.